Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Maybelline The Elixir Say what ?

Okay for some reason I'm one a lip product fetish ! That's all I've been buying it seems latly . 
Okay I have to show you this meme before we move forward . I seen it on goggle and laugh so hard 
Lmao ! ( okay okay I know I'm a dork but I had to share couldn't help it ) 

Okay on to the main event ! Maybelline has these new lip Elixir ! And omg the packaging is super cute! 
Very chic if I do say so my self . Top pic from left to right is Signature scarlet 020, fuchsia 075, and Rasberry Rhapsody 030 ( yes the purple one is named Rasberry rhapsody ! Some one was color blind when they picked that name or just dumb idk  your guess is as good as mine ) 
Okay well let's start with the bad first ! They are sheer like super sheer . The bright color in the tub is not what color pay off you get on your lips ! Very sticky , I don't like the applacater , the smell is weird !
Fuchsia Flourish 075 (three coats ) 
Raspberry Rhapsody 030 (four coats and it still looks like a lite pink ) 
Signature Scarlet 020 (three coats ) 

Good points it's kinda build able kinda only on the scarlet , and last long on the lips, they are great to top over lipsticks but that's it  
Here is Nars Cruella in matte before 

This is after adding the Scarlet 020 

So besides cute packaging It's pretty much a bust . Will not be repurchasing for sure . 
Was kinda sad had high hopes for these colors but that's why you should never fall for cute
Packaging ! Okay my lovely readers thanks again see you soon in are next adventure ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment